The ELK-M1XEP is an Ethernet Appliance with a RS-232 Serial Port Interface. It may be used to connect a control in the M1 Family to an Ethernet network. It features email event notification and FIPS compliant encryption algorithms for security sensitive environments. It is powered by an ELK-P1216 12 Volts DC, 1.5 Amp plug-in power supply/adapter. A software setup utility is built into ElkRP for configuring the connection setup, network password, etc. The M1 Ethernet Interface is factory defaulted to obtain a dynamic IP address from a DHCP server (i.e. router, cable modem, etc.). It may optionally be setup with a static IP address.
- Secure connection with password protection and SSL/TLS encryption
- Flash Memory for Firmware Updating
- Event notification via E-Mail (SMTP)
- Supports automatic Dynamic DNS Updates with providers using the DynDNS protocol.
- Supports Network Time Protocol for synchronizing the M1/EZ8's clock with an Internet time server.
- Internet Monitoring and Reporting Capability
- Network stack supporting the following protocols:
-TCP,UDP,DHCP,SSL/TLS, NTP, SMTP
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 128 bit encryption
- Integrated 802.3 compliant 10/100 Mbit network interface
- RS232, DB9M 9-pin serial port connection
- Connects to the M1 RS-232 Serial port (Port 0). The baud rate for this port must be set to 115,200 (factory default)
- RJ45 8-pin Network Jack
- 2.1mm barrel type power connector (center positive)
- LED Indicators for Power, Link, and Data
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts D.C. from Elk-P1216 Plug-in Power Supply **
- Current Draw: approx. 300 mA
- Housing Dimensions: 4.25" x 6.375" x 2.125"
- Circuit Board Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.95"
- ELK-W040A Serial Ribbon Cable included
Why buy Certified?
Top USA Reseller
Trusted since 1976
Your Team of Experts
Pro Help when you need it
Easy 30 Day Returns
Satisfied or refunded
Secure Checkout With
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.